Thursday, December 16, 2004

The end!

So I talked to the Oracle at Delphi and she figures I'm doing a-okay. Either that or I am gonna get eaten by a hydra tomorrow! You never can really tell with these cryptic mediums, can ya?

I am on the Island of Santorini and it might actually be the most beautiful place I have ever set foot on. You can't really go wrong with a deep blue sky overy white washed houses on the cliff of a sea-filled caldera, can ya? Today I was the only one on the so-called Red Beach and it was amazing. I know I'm a geek and all, but it really felt like a Martian landscape with the sheer red volcanic cliffs and the red sand.

Greece is absolutely beautiful, but the Fates have decided that getting to see Troy is not in my near future, as the bleedin' ferry schedules are not gonna work for me. Alas, we are at the whim of the gods, aren't we?!

All that means is that I'll have to come back, which I am more than willing to do. Although from the sounds of it, I'll be coming back alone, as my 'Classical Tid-bits' have not been so well received by a few of my readers (who would not be on board with a relatively brief historical overview of every single thing we'd see!). ;)

This also means that I am coming home three days early (and likely a long time before your postcards will arrive), so start pulling that Guinness! If you're in the area, the Fire Party is on for Dec 23rd!

Love you all and see some of you soon!


Thanks for reading my drivel. I hope you enjoyed it a little!
Master Jendu Hothu

No comments: