Monday, August 5, 2013

Oh Yeah...


We did actually get married (in case you were holding your breath on that)!

July 2, 2010. It was the most perfect of days. Two beautiful girls in blue, surrounded by family and friends, hanging at the 100 year old St. Albert Grain Elevator Park and Train Station, declaring their love for one another in a beautiful iris (Kay's favourite flower) ceremony.

I can still feel how my heart quickened when I walked up and stood in front of Kay; I had to get reminded by our officiant that there would be time for kissing later. As my mom used to say, it was only gorgeous.


Following the ceremony, we walked to the St. Albert Community Hall (which had been the site of many a night of debauchery for many of our guests) and entered as wife and wife to none other than the Buffy theme. In memory of those who could not be there (most notably, Kay's mom and dad and my mom), I sang Good Mother by Jann Arden with my wee brother Bri on the guitar. Then my brothers Conor and Sean came up with their guitars and we did 8 Days a Week by the Beatles (the first song I ever sang to Kay). My Faaather also sang us a lovely tune.

It truly was a grand night and we've been living in wedded bliss for just over three years now! There have been some wonderful travel adventures in those three years as well, so hopefully I'll do a little updating.

No comments: