Thursday, December 27, 2007

December 27th, 2007

Today, December 27th would have been my parents’ 38th wedding anniversary. It is also the day my father, 3 brothers, cousins, aunts, and I spread my mom’s ashes on the land of her childhood farm in West Cork, Ireland. My mom always longed for Ireland, for home; she was West Cork and I don’t think she really ever left... and now she can rest here forever. For those of you who knew her, thank you for being a part of her life. For those of you who didn’t know her, pretty much all the good that I am stems from her, so you knew her through me. To all of you, thank you so much for your support. I could not have gotten through this without you. I miss my mom everyday but I am also grateful for the 32 years I was lucky enough to have her.

I love you all and hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

J

No comments: